Birdy » Biography
1. A British singer songwriter
2. A French electronic musician
3. A German electronic musician
4. An American acoustic group
1) A pseudonym of Jasmine van den bogaerde, a British singer-songwriter from Lymington, Hampshire. In 2011, at the age of 14, she released a cover version of the Bon Iver song “Skinny Love”, which reached #17 on the UK Singles Chart. According to Wikipedia, after she won the Under 18s category of the UK talent contest Open Mic UK at the age of 12, Jasmine was quickly offered a publishing contract by Good Soldier Songs Ltd, run by Christian Tattersfield, chairman of Warner Bros. Music UK.
Sites: Wikipedia and YouTube
2) A pseudonym of Xavier Duquesne (b. 1972, Paris France - aka Last.FM user ‘DjBirdy’), who first got in touch with electronic music in the year 1989, during a trip to Detroit where he spent most of his time in underground clubs.
A few years later, he started working for various party organizers in Lyon and began to spin records at private rave parties. Famous French Progressive DJ Max Le Sale Gosse then decided to book him for an official party. And his career took a big step forward. His skills brought him up to play in clubs like Space and Fridge in Lyon and abroad in Spain and Lithuania, among other locations.
Recently he met with Nûgen, a talented French progressive house producer, and became part of the Nu-records label. Its on Nu Recs that Birdy released his first Dj-set album.
Last edited by pinkuk on 15 Aug 2012, 15:27
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.