Martin » Biography
1. Martin Svensson, Sweden
2. Martin Hoberg Hedegaard, Denmark
3. Martin van de Vrugt, The Netherlands
4. Martin (leftfield) London
5. Martin Ricca, Argentina
1) Martin Svensson is a Swedish singer, musician and author. He made his breakthrough in 1997 with the track “Rymdraket” from his debut album “Pojkdrömmar”. In 1999 Martin participated in the Swedish national Eurovision Song Contest with the song “(Du Ar Sa) Yeah Yeah, Wow Wow”. It became a major hit in Sweden and is included on his second album “En helt vanlig Svensson”. During the next few years Martin released two more solo albums: “Lyxproblem Och Moderna Störningar” (2000) and “Martin och Siberien” (2002). In 2003 he started the rock band Nina Rochelle where he plays the guitar.
2) Martin Hoberg Hedegaard (born October 9, 1992), also known as simply Martin, is a young Danish singer who recently won the first Danish series of the talent show The X Factor on March 28, 2008. The fact that Martin is just 15 years old makes him the youngest winner of an X Factor series in the history of the show, after the original UK version of the show lowered the age minimum from 16 to 14 in 2007. He sings with a distinctive nasal voice.
Martin was born in the small town Ørum in central Jutland, Denmark, and has spent his whole life there with his mother Gitta, his father Peder, and his two older brothers Anders and Simon. Before participating in X Factor, he took singing lessons, and had a minor role in a school musical. His primary idols are Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Queen and Michael Bublé.
Last edited by talenten1 on 28 Feb 2012, 09:51
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.