Early music is commonly defined as European classical music from the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the Baroque. The Early Music Movement as a trend in history is the study and performance of music from composers before our own era and began in 1829 when Felix Mendelssohn conducted Johann Sebastian Bach ’s “St Matthew Passion”. More…
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
- Gregorio Allegri – Miserere
- Anonymous 4 – Benedicamus domino
- Alonso Lobo – Versa est in luctum
- Ensemble Accentus – Nani, nani
- Thomas Tallis – Salvator mundi